Patient comfort is always a priority at our office. To that end, we employ our diode laser to minimize or eliminate the need for anesthesia, scalpels, and sutures. This state-of-the-art technology allows us to make a visit to our office nearly painless, and decreases the amount of healing time needed after treatment.
Some of the procedures we use a laser for include:
- Correcting gingival (gum) contours
- Removing various oral lesions and pathology (biopsy)
- Releasing tongue ties (ankyloglossia) and muscle attachments that cause gum recession
- Treatment of aphthous ulcers, herpetic lesions (cold sores) and root sensitivity
- Clinical crown lengthening
- Soft tissue removal
- Orthodontic tissue control
- Frenum release
- Cold sore treatment
- Implant access
Laser Periodontal Therapy (LANAP™)
LANAP™ is a gentle, conservative, non-invasive method of treating gum disease without cutting, suturing or removing tissue. Using a precision laser, Dr. Bardsley is able to kill up to 99% of the disease causing bacteria in the periodontal pockets. Because there is no defense against the laser, the bacteria can not adapt and avoid elimination as with anti-biotic treatment.
Additionally, the precision of the laser allows Dr. Bardsley to avoid removing signficant tissue. This allows for a faster recovery and minimal loss of tooth and bone structure after the procedure.